Thursday, March 4, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

Hi, I'm Angie, and I'm a completely normal person, who leads a completely normal life (now let's see how many people post a comment challenging this statement)!  I love to write, and I'm always striving to find ways that will help me improve my writing style, and let me get my thoughts on paper.  I try to "journal" regularly, but inevitably I always let my entries fall by the wayside.  I thought that journaling on a blog may be more fun for me, and will help me commit to writing more often. 

I have another blog, called Health Quest, where I chronicle my struggle with staying on a path of health and wellness, but I wanted to do something more broad with this blog in relation to topics.  I plan to post regularly on what's going on in my life, places I go, people I see, plays, movies, weekend trips and vacations, books I'm reading, my interests, organizations I'm involved in, my favorite things, events I go to and am a part of, my relationships, my dog, etc.  I also want to share my thoughts on what's happening in the news, and issues that I may need help tackling in my life.  One thing I should mention, I try to make a point in my journaling not to be too negative or to "rehash" a bad day.  (At least I try to hardly ever do this.  Sometimes you just need to work through something though to move forward.)  I like to journal on specific topics, and even keep a list of potential journal topics to choose from if I'm ever reaching for something to write about.  I like to make journaling a chance for intelligent commentary and catharsis.

I lead a fairly simple life, but at the same time I know that it's valuable and filled with love, great opportunities, fun, and meaningful relationships.  And, simple can be sweet!  My philosophy on living focuses on the importance of having balance in all that you do.  Balance, in my opinion, will lead to a healthy, long and fulfilling life.  With that said, I really want this blog to be about sharing the simple life experiences that come my way, examining those experiences, and offering the chance for commentary and convesation with you!  Thanks for listening.

My dog, Vlad.  I think he's about 4 years old here (at our old house).  He's going to be 9 this year!

0 comments: